original photo retrieved from (x)
In a world that is obsessed with being busy, sometimes all we need is to stop and look around us in order to see the full glory of God.
We all know of at least one person who always seems to have amazing connections to God. We marvel at their stories of meeting God in one form or another, or hearing His voice directly. And we think to ourselves, "What am I doing wrong?" We squash the little pangs of jealousy and instead resolve to make a bigger effort to experience God's presence in a more direct way.
Searching the Internet for "hearing God's voice" gives you a list of websites with articles such as "Hearing God's Voice 101" and "4 Easy Steps to Hearing God's Voice!"
But I caution you against those articles - if you can replace "hearing God's voice" with "making a pie" and the titles still make sense, tread lightly!
Everyone has their own way of seeing God. We know for sure that no one can look upon God in His true form and live, because in Exodus 33:20 Moses is in the presence of God, yet he must be protected against looking at God's face, for God says, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."
That is why I believe God shows Himself to me in other ways. I see God so clearly when I am by myself, surrounded by His creation. I take walks on nature trails, and when I am alone, I spread my arms out wide and praise Him for all the beauty that surrounds me.
God is a sunrise, a sunset, the light shining through the canopy of leaves on trees. He is everywhere, in everything, and I live to breathe Him in.
When I was a child, I used to think that the rays of sunlight peeking through the clouds meant that God was right there. I would point at the sky and say, "Look, it's God!" And though my understanding of His amazing glory has grown and matured greatly over the years, I still maintain that childlike wonder when it comes to seeing my God. I spend as much time outside admiring Him as I can, because how can you be upset when God's full glory is shining everywhere?
I've learned that God also shows Himself through friendships. I have met every single one of my wonderful friends through God, and for that I am so thankful. Having so many women of God in my life is such a blessing, as they show their beauty by loving Him and using that love to care for others. Basically, it's just a whole lot of love going around!
While you may not be able to directly see or hear God, isn't it enough to just know that He is always there? He is everywhere, all around us, all the time. He is always waiting to wrap you in His loving arms. Wherever you go to see Him, He will meet you there.
So, the question I leave you with is this: Where do you see God? In the goodness of nature? In the people you love? In the hands raised in worship at church? Comment below to share!
Love and blessings,
Kelsey Anne


Love this!
ReplyDelete